Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday's With My Angel

The world's had nothing to offer
To me since you've been gone
I'm just here to fulfill a purpose
I hope this doesn't sound wrong

I remember the day you left
You could clearly hear my heart break
I long for you more with each passing day
The need to be with you is the thing I can't shake

But I really like Tuesdays
Because the hours are ours
No one to disturb
Or to make things sour

Talking, listening, laughing
Loving,meditating and praying
Our souls come together, though in different places
Your spirit is around me, that's what I'm saying

The day is coming, you say it's soon
Where our being together is a permanent condition
Until then, I'll cherish what we have
And long for the day when your promise comes to fruition

2 comments:

Beautiful Brown Woman said...

Today is a good day. Enjoy it as much as I enjoyed your beautiful poem.

Nomy Jackson said...

Thank you! I will:)