Monday, February 18, 2013

The Steak Dinner

Last night I went to dinner
With some of my friends
Was it a good meal?
I guess that depends

They were all laughing
Just having fun
I disguised my sorrow
They saw none

They all seemed content
With the lives of their own
Little did they know
I felt sad and alone

They all knew what to order
Something delicious and fast
The waiter turned to me
Took my order last

I ordered the steak
I wanted it well done
If it's not fully cooked
I'd rather have none

Then it dawned on me
The steak is like life
If I have enough patience
I'll soon be his wife

God's got my twin flame
He's over on standby
I talk to him constantly
He's such a great guy

If I just wait my turn
Much like this steak dinner
I'll get all my spoils
I'll be a big winner

I'm happy for my friends
They don't hunger for joy
One day I'll be happy
And be with my boy

No comments: