Thursday, November 14, 2013

What I Have, What I Need

At this moment with my physical needs met
And I truly thank God for that
There's just one thing my spirit craves
And only one place my heart is at

There's literally nothing else I want
I'm not desiring any  worldly things
I'm not searching for fortune or fame
Not looking for recognition or diamond rings

I do have many acquaintances
And a couple of really good friends
I have family and people who care
But it's not enough to fulfill me in the end

There's only one thing to heal me
A desire God lovingly instilled in my heart
But He tells me now is not the time
As I must grow while we're apart

I'll trust in God's wisdom and will
Though it doesn't make the longing cease
When the time is right, we'll come together
From then on my spirit will know lasting peace
 

No comments: