Friday, November 07, 2014

What Love Is

I've always had a soft spot in my heart
For sad, troubled men
For as long as I can remember
From way back when

But now that I've gotten older
I've come to realize
Well, actually it was pointed out to me
By a soul I consider wise

What I thought of as love
Was in fact just human care
My need to rescue someone
Is what really took me there

When I finally found real love
That took over forty years
I took a good look back on things
And learned from all my tears

Real love is a mutual thing
Not just focused upon one
The days of me settling for crumbs
Are finally over and done

A real love doesn't take advantage
And take what they can get
Out of another's caring nature
So that their needs are met

A real love admires that quality
And wants her on his team
So they can work together
With love bursting at the seam

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Got the definition of love right
The difference is amazing
I finally see the light

Forever thankful I'll be
I love someone who fits that mold
Forever I will treasure him
He is more precious than gold
 

No comments: