Saturday, January 02, 2016

But Why

Why does my sweetheart
Have to live so far away
Thousands of miles
I yearn for him everyday

He can't leave where he is
And neither can I 
When I sit and think about it
All I can do is cry

It took so long to find him
But he helped me over my past
Although we aren't in the same place now 
It's truly a love that will last


I ask him why we aren't together
At least 2 or 3 times a week
He always says the same thing
Lovingly and patient when he speaks 
He has his obligations
And it's the same for me
But when the time is right
We'll be where we're meant to be

I know he's right because he's so smart
I just need that constant reminding
But he says good things come to those who wait
And that's the truth that I've been finding
 



<3ishi font="">

No comments: