Friday, August 05, 2016

I Want

I want to spoil you
Without you becoming a brat

I want to prepare you lovely meals
Without you becoming fat

I want to put you first
Without it going to your head

I want you to live forever
Without becoming dead

I want to give you my undivided attention
Without my thoughts going astray

I want you to remain humble
While I always let you have your way

I want to help you fulfill your goals and dreams
While you still keep putting me first

I want to satisfy your soul
So it'll never hunger or thirst

One day these things will happen
Sooner than I realize

These things will happen one day
Up in Paradise

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Very beautiful poem. It has a lot of deep thought, and I admire the background art and the song that goes with the poem <3

Nomy Jackson said...

Thanks,Sherry....you are a doll!