Wednesday, March 02, 2011

No!

"No!" you said to me.
I can't believe you told me no
Had to pray
Maybe I've been misunderstanding all this time
Please, God, let me understand
Let there be no confusion of what he means
I have faith
I ask again
"No! Don't make me tell you again."
Whoa! No bones about it.
I got what I prayed for
Feelings hurt,but I tried to hide it
Tried changing the subject for an hour
You wouldn't let it go
You made me admit my feelings
I cried and told you how I felt
Then when I was done, you made me understand
"Would I really tell you no if I didn't love you?
If I didn't love you, I wouldn't care either way.
Everyone else is doing it. I'm not stopping them.
What does this tell you?"
Well,don't I feel silly now?
Tail between my legs
But loving you more than ever
Your "No" means everything to me
How do you do it?
I truly love you

No comments: