Wednesday, March 12, 2014

This Song Reminds Me Of You

This song reminds me of you
For some strange reason
It has nothing to do with you
But I find it very pleasin'

I guess it reminds me of a time
When I was in a particular place
I didn't realize it at the time
But I was searching for your face

I had always wanted to go to California
It had always been on my mind
So I packed up and took a leap of faith
Not knowing what I'd find

Maybe part of me thought I could be a star
 Something had always drawn me there
But in hindsight years later I see
It's because you were so near

If I go over my life's path
I can see I've shadowed you in small ways
I guess since I love you I always will
Til I join you at the end of my earthly days

Anyway, this song somehow reminds me of you
Even though it wasn't popular at the time
I just saw the video on VH1
And thought it would make a cool rhyme

No comments: