Friday, June 13, 2014

When I Wake Up From This Dream

Wouldn't it be cool
If you just walked in my room now
And this all just turned out to be
Just some kind of bad dream now?

All my sad tears
Would just dry away
And you'd say,"Silly,
I'm here to stay!"

You'd gently assure me
That "We were never really apart
What we thought was life, was a dream
So we could learn from the heart

What was our pain and sorrow
Was for us to learn
How to love one another
So eternity we'd earn

When it was our time
God woke us from our sleep
We had learned our lesson
Ingrained  in our souls so deep."

What a lovely notion
Though I didn't really see you there
You just gave me the hope
That the day was coming near

The day that I will see you
As if no time passed it will seem
I'll have learned to love you perfectly
When I wake up from this dream


No comments: