Friday, October 10, 2014

In The Dark

It's not fun being kept in the dark
It makes me wonder about lots of things
I have no idea of what's going on
I don't know why the caged bird sings

I'm left with just guessing
Whether I'm wrong or right
I ain't that bright, let's face it
I barely know morning from night

I want to do the right thing
I really just aim to please
But with conflicting and unclear information
It can feel sometimes like a tease

I feel like throwing my hands in the air
It's almost as if I have no choice
When the truth is I'm begging, crying and pleading
To hear a reasonable, true and authoritative voice

If I don't have all the right equipment
How can I actively play in the game
I'll just flutter around aimlessly
And things would remain the same

Maybe I'm slow and stupid
But I obviously need things perfectly clear
If I know what I am dealing with
I will give all I have to share

No comments: