Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Looking Back

I just went back there
I took a little peek
Who knows what I was looking for
What I'd hope to seek

I have changed so much
Since the last time I'd been there
I see that I don't belong
That much is pretty clear

Old familiar names
Is something that I see
They have yet to move on
It's the opposite of me

I see that what they are
Is stuck in the past
My eyes are on forever
Something that will last

I don't know Why
But I went there on a lark
Now I see the truth
It's dishonest and it's dark

Then I asked myself a question
Would Jesus be hanging out here
The answer is  loudly "No"
He'd say "You get out of there!"

The truth wouldn't want you wallowing
In someone's attention-getting game
You think you're part of something big
When you are not, such a shame!

(To be continued...)

No comments: