Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Hard-Headed Woman

I don't know why I'm so hard-headed
I'm like this everyday
But I always get the same answer
Every time I pray

I hope He doesn't get annoyed
At my need for constant validation
But it's just so out of the ordinary
But then again, it's His creation

Maybe it's not so extraordinary
What He's commanding me to do
It's actually quite simple
And it's nothing that is new

I thought I was meant to do something grand
But I guess it's just not my place
You did enough for both of us
And it's up to me to finish the race

No fanfare or accolades
Simply do just what He's demanding
A secret that I cannot tell
Beyond my understanding

I have my marching orders
I must have faith that it's enough
But when you sometimes drop those clues
I know that it's the right stuff

No comments: