Saturday, March 05, 2016

Haunted By Your Circus

Your circus is haunting me
With everything I do
I try to hide
But I can't escape you

It's not the real you
The you that I know
It's just who "they" see
It's part of the show

Everywhere I go
I see sneaky magicians
I see plenty of clowns
Trying to take their positions

You left the circus, stage right
So long ago
But the way that it haunts me
You wouldn't even know

On the Internet or TV
Or in line at the store
I really don't know
If I can take any more

People are starting to whisper
When I walk on by
It's part of the circus
But I am so shy

I feel like I'm the lady
Walking the scary tightrope
I pray I don't fall
That's all I can hope

I'm haunted by your circus
The music stuck in my head
I guess it will always haunt me
Until I am dead

No comments: