Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Whatever

Whatever I thought I knew
While living on Earth
Whatever I was conditioned to
From the moment of my birth

Before I was born
My soul knew what was true
God placed me here when He did
He knew what'd ensue

I think maybe deep inside
I kind of knew the truth
Though things are getting more clear
As I grow longer in the tooth

I'm pretty sure I knew
But I always tried to hide
But I can't even run away
From the truth that lurks inside

Yes I tried to fulfill myself
With other people and things
I never thought I was good enough
Although I heard it sing

He knew it would be things drastic
To finally get me where I'm at
It was painful,but always with love
I'll always be grateful for that

However He guides my steps
I'll surely follow through
Because I know the path He leads me
Will bring me home to you

No comments: