Saturday, March 30, 2019

I Asked God

I asked God

"Why did things turn out the way they did?
Why was true happiness hid?"

He answered

"You were my child before this Earth.
I knew you always,before your birth.

You must know, I wasn't wrong
You were set aside,all along

Through your experiences, whether bad or good
You were being molded, you did the best you could

I know you always loved me
You were as eager as you could be

Somewhere along the way, you stopped putting me first
For what the world had to offer, you developed a thirst

You wonder why your way didn't work out in the end
Just listen to me. I'll tell you my friend

You tried to do it without me and do it your own way
That will never work for you,,at the end of the day.

You tried to force a square peg into a hole that was round
But as you know now, that's not where happiness was found

I was there with you, through the mistakes that you made
I heard you each and every time you prayed

Then came the time where enough was enough
I had to remove you from all the wrong stuff

As your Father, I knew what I had to do
I knew the one thing, that would finally get to you

It's been a process, about a decade long
But it has made our bond so strong

I tell you what my will is, every single day
You resist a bit,as you don't understand my way

But you never give up- I'm proud of you
No matter how hard, you push on through

I made you a promise. It's just between you and Me
It will come to fruition. Just wait and see!

I know you have worries. I know you have doubt.
Just do as I say. Love is what I'm about. "

No comments: