Friday, May 27, 2011

Sadly Sentimental

Listening to music from the 80's
Feeling awfully sentimental
Should be happy
But feeling rather mental

When my parents listen to music of the 60's
You see them smiling gladly
But mine is bittersweet
I feel comfort but also feel badly

Thinking of innocent times
When I was all full of hope
Memories flood back in
I find it hard to cope

If I'd known then how things would've turned out
I'd have gone down a different road
I'd have been true to my real self
I don't think I'd have this heavy load

I would've done exactly what I wanted
And would've  been with who I really wanted to
But there's no do-overs and I can't go back
Can't change things no matter what I do

But what can you do?
Despite myself I'm a proud 80's girl
I'll love the 80's til the end
That's just me. That's my world

No comments: