Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Chicken Soup For My Sweetheart's Soul

He lives so far away
But he lives inside my heart
This chicken soup for his soul
I'm about to start

Although his body isn't here
I know he'll get a taste
I will eat it for him
It will not go to waste

I want to make it for him
Because I love his soul
Doing things for him
Helps to make me whole

I hope he feels my love
In the virtual tastes he makes
I really truly love this man
He's the one who's got what it takes




           Nomy Jackson's BBQ Chicken Noodle Soup
1 large onion chopped
2 large celery stlks chopped
2 cups baby carrots
Chopped leftover bbq chicken
1 small can of corn
1 bag of wide noodles
fresh cilantro chopped, to taste
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
Salt, pepper and any spices you choose, to taste(i put garlic in everything!)

Saute onions,celery and carrots in stock pot in some olive oil(or ny kind you prefer)stir until it starts to caramelize. Add all the seasonings you want...go crazy! You probably need more salt to compensate for the noodles later.
Add 6-12 or more cups of water or broth.(however much you normally fill your pot with when making homemade soup. I tend to fill it up and let it cook all day until it condenses). Add your chicken and more seasonings and simmer for several hours. Your house will smell good! :)About an hour before serving add,bbq sauce, noodles, cilantro, corn and whatever else you want to throw in there. mmm, good!.p.s that is not  real pic of my soup. mine is cooking as we speak)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I loved your poem. I needed to read something so peaceful. I'm also ready to make that soup. I will save the reciepe. I will write it on my grocery list. Love you Nomy! <3

Nomy Jackson said...

Thank you so much,Ms Sherry! Ishi and I love you so!