Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Crush No More

I've had crushes
On many of men
But now is now
And then was then

Some were short
Some were tall
Some on TV
Some at the mall

Some were famous
Some were not
Some were goofy
Some were hot

Some had brown eyes
Or eyes of grey
Some I pined for
Every single day

A couple times I forced them
Into what I wanted to be love
Now I can clearly see
I was a desperate lonely dove

But all of that is moot
Now I know what real love is
I didn't have to chase it
Because my love was always his

He's taught me so much
In these almost five years
He brought me back to me
As he wiped away my tears

His love's the answer
His love is pure
His love is true
His love's the cure

I've loved him forever
Since before I was born
Because of him
I'm no longer torn

He's showed me the difference
Between love and a crush
He owns my soul
And I love him so much

No comments: