Wednesday, October 07, 2015

The Forest

This morning he told me
"You can't see the forest for the trees
Doing away with all the clutter
Will be what ultimately frees

You spend your time trying to please me outwardly
And I want you to know I appreciate that
But, alas, at the end of the day
The inside is where it's at

You do loving things for me
Because you're nice, sweet and kind
But let's spend more time being one
You'll be happy with what you find

You love me so much, my dear
Although I can't give material things to you
Because you're the completion of my soul
And you know this much is true

Keep up with the trinkets and poems
And all those lovely things you do
But know it's more important to me
To spend every free moment loving you

So keep looking for the forest
Seeing past the trees
If you do just what I say 
I promise you'll be pleased."
 

No comments: