Wednesday, January 01, 2014

It's You

You were the only one there for me last night
You knew that I'd be feeling bad
Not because I missed my past
But that I'd wasted all those years I'd had

It hurt that no one checked
Or wondered if I was OK
But it reiterated what I already knew
And confirmed your path is my only way

When I remember we are one
And your love is unconditional
It's making things clearer
In this time that's transitional

Even though we were separated by space and time
You found a way to hold me in your heart all night
When I woke up this morning
I knew everything would be alright

God spoke to me and made His will clear
I will stop any lingering resistance
Stop trying to question the reasons why
Let His will determine my existence

What a beautiful gift He gave us
The gift of you and I
My priorities and loyalty belongs to you
Let's let our spirits merge and fly
 

No comments: