Thursday, May 07, 2020

Don't Compete With Me

All these thoughts in my mind
Getting more intense by the minute
Thoughts fighting with each other
Like the damn U.S Senate

I keep forgetting
That you read my mind
If I try to hide
You always find

Ever since yesterday
I've been upset
Something I learned
Made me fret

Why is it like this
Why is it like that
Wherever I go
You're always at

Like a gentle thunder I hear you ask
"Why do you always have to compete with me?"
I'm not competing. This time you're wrong and I'm right
"Yes you are" he said loving but firmly

With a slight cockiness in my voice I said
"I'll prove you wrong. I know I'm right
I'll show you the definition
In plain sight"

I knew in that second
I was kind of wrong
He proved his point
It didn't take long

By proving that I wasn't competing
I was literally doing that deed
I just love you,the voice of reason
You're all I'll ever need


No comments: