Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm Your Umbrella

I keep trying to understand

Why you like keeping me in the dark

I'm so out of the loop

I feel I've missed the mark



"Why," you say"do I keep you in the dark?

Because,my love,I'm your umbrella

Protecting you from the elements



It's my job,cuz I'm your fella



Can't you see that you are special?

You are different,in my eyes,from the rest

In the grand scheme,that stuff is insignificant

I insist for you,nothing but the very best



What's really important at the end of the day

Is the love that we share whenever we're together

The world will go on as it always has before

But we'll always have our love,no matter the weather



So this is why I'm your umbrella

I'll never expose my baby to the storm

My goal is to love you and make you happy

To hold you close to me and keep you warm"

No comments: